In our efforts to constantly improve the service we give to our valued clients, we have created some guidelines and standards to ensure the photographing and presentation of your home is of the highest quality.
- Calendars can date shots – Please remove.
- Ensure all toilet seats are placed down.
- Remove wires, cords and leads from view.
- Open blinds, curtains and roller shutters to allow natural light in and turn lights and lamps on.
- Turn all televisions Off for Stills shoot – On for Video shoot.
- Turn all ceiling fans off for Stills shoot – On lowest setting for Video shoot
- Remove any clothes, shoes or other belongings away from view.
- Remove small appliances and cutlery from tables and benches.
- Make sure beds are made, wardrobes and cupboard doors are closed.
- Remove magnets and photos from the front of the refrigerator.
- Bathroom vanities to be cleared of all personal items.
- Open gates to a 45 degree angle.
- As best as possible – Ensure that windows with grime that can be seen is cleaned to ensure window exposure
- Remove hoses and any garden tools (including shovels and wheel barrows) away from view.
- Ensure there are no clothes hanging on clothes lines.
- Ensure lawns and gardens are neat and tidy (may need to reschedule if lawn mowing required).
- Pathways to be swept and raked prior to appointment.
- ‘Wheelie’ bins and garden waste outlets are to be out of sight.
- All vehicles to be driven into garages – rolladoor down, removed from carports, driveways and verges – our window detail will shot them in the shot.
- Any unsightly machinery or cars on property may need removal before photoshoot.
- ‘Kreepy Krawley’ or pool cleaners not to be seen and pool covers are to be taken off and hidden. – be careful when draining the machine – not to leave pools of water we cant photoshop out..
5 tips – Presenting your home for sale
America or Australia – Buyers are Buyers and will appreciate the extra attention you apply to your home
to make it standout not only for our photoshoot but for your subsequent home opens
- Style your home for sale – in today’s market it is imperative your property stands out for the crowd. If your property is empty it is well worth the cost to “dress” your home using hire furniture and accessories. Visit display homes for inspiration or best of all call in the professionals. Call us – we have alliances with many Perth based decorators and furniture hire organisations. Or consider cost effective VIRTUAL FURNITURE STAGING
- Review your competition! Visit home opens in your area, if you want your home to stand out from the pack then you need to know what the competition is offering. We do this to help your shoot stand out before we arrive!
- Spring clean your property prior to your first open day – and ensure your property is cleaned again before each open day.
- Put aside a reasonable budget to make any minor repairs to your property – ensure all handywork is completed prior to your first open day – nothing puts a buyer off more than thinking they have work to do as soon as they move in!
- If you have pets, ensure all signs of them are removed prior to open days – this includes their smells, remember you may not be able to smell any signs of your pets but potential buyers will.
We hope that the above gives you a better insight as to what we require to make your shoot pan out well.
We appreciate your co-operation. In advising the above – we can dramatically increase productivity of our photographers and increase the presentation of all homes – the outcome is consistency.